Genuine GM Parts (GGMP) and ACDelco are committed to being the best business partners in the parts industry! As the only true GM parts brands, we help satisfy customer expectations by delivering high-quality parts that can be installed with confidence thanks to the rigorous engineering standards and strict quality guidelines of GM. Working together we can help keep vehicles operating at their best.
GM Customer Care and Aftersales is pleased to announce changes to our parts warranty terms, making them more streamlined across our parts brands and providing a consistent warranty on parts sold by our dealerships.
To enable more effective presentation of alternatives to customers in your Service Lane, effective April 1, 2018, General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales is simplifying the parts warranty for parts purchased on or after April 1, 2018, and installed at Dealerships. For your customers, this new warranty will apply to the majority of our parts and labor (if installed at a GM Dealership) up to 24 months without mileage limitations.
Highlights of key changes follow below, but for complete details on the new limited warranty changes refer to the attached GM Dealer Replacement Parts Warranty Quick Reference Chart or review the Parts and Accessories Policies and Procedures Manual within the Service Policy and Procedures Manual App on GlobalConnect:
- Limited Lifetime Parts Warranty will now feature Original Equipment (OE) and Professional Electronic Fuel Pumps, Chassis Parts, Wheel Hub Bearings, Shocks and Struts, Radiators, and Ignition Wire Sets.
- Several other ACDelco GM OE and Professional lines will move to 24-Months/Unlimited Miles.
- A/C Condensers, A/C Compressors, A/C Accumulators, Starters/Alternators, and Ignition Coils will change to 24-Months/Unlimited Miles to align with competitive product offerings.
- ACDelco Advantage lines will move to 12-Months/Unlimited Miles; covers labor for 12 months if installed by a GM Dealership.
- Warranties on certain product lines are not changing. A few examples include Engine and Transmission Assemblies, Sheet Metal, Batteries, both 12 volt and Advanced Propulsion Batteries, Accessories, certain Chevrolet Performance parts, Electronic Service Center Parts, and miscellaneous parts that include bolts, fasteners, grommets, spacers, shims, washers, clips.